Today is day 19 of the food blog challenge and today’s post is about my favorite lunch. Lunch to me is probably one of the most boring meals. I struggle constantly to come up with creative meals to have for lunch. I take lunch with me to work almost everyday so I need meals that are made ahead and travel well. One of my favorite go to work meals is Asian Noodle Salad with Soy Sauce Dressing. A rough recipe of how I make it is listed below:
Asian Noodle Salad with Soy Sesame Dressing
- 2 packs ramen noodles (or a noodle of your choice)
- 1 cucumber, small cubes
- 1 bell pepper, slice thin
- 2 carrots, shaved
- 1-2 cups cooked broccoli
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup peanuts
- Cook noodles according to instructions on packaging. Allow Noodles to cool.
- Combine cooled noodles, cucumber, pepper, carrots, and broccoli
- In a jar or blender combine vegetable oil, sesame oil, vinegar, soy sauce, honey and sesame seeds.
- Top noodle salad with peanuts and dressing and enjoy!